Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Open Response to Joe Marshall's Recent Blog Post



Posted by User: GWaldrop to www.Sentinel.com/TeamBlog
Entry Date:
May 2, 2013 6:00 PM

You made some excellent points Joe.

By the way… since other readers are not close friends of Joe, those readers should realize this: that is a sincere apology from Joe. He is telling you he didn’t mean what he said, and explaining why he said it. Don’t let the sarcasm confuse you. He isn’t PR (nor would he ever be interested in trying such a thing…), this is a personal blog in which he cared enough to make an apology. @ USMRC: Don’t mistake Joe’s “personal challenge” with a threat against the government. You USMRC members are just people, and he is talking to you as such. The government has no more right or reason to sanction him than his neighbor would if he threatened to, say, shoot the dog that keeps shitting in his yard… and digging holes in it.

(As an aside: it would be pathetic to take pride in getting under his skin... it would be akin to fecal matter displaying arrogance, somehow, for simply being stuck to the bottom of his shoe.)

While everyone knows the government could be run much better, we also recognize the necessity and inevitability of it. I’d rather work with you (not under you) to help make it better, than worry about having to fight over something unnecessarily in the future. Either way, like Joe said, we want to help people. It is a scary new world for most people – help is needed more than ever. For my part: I have more important things to do than waste energy getting angry about your inane public commentary. I’ll offer this, and then I will go back to ignoring you:

It will be best if you do not prevent us from doing our jobs, helping others. I know you don’t call the shots, but at least exercise your limited will to relay this back to whomever it is that pulls the strings.

Otherwise, if this was a result of just a USMRC team member trying to flex in some (special government concocted) steroid fueled display of bravado and you are really compelled to think you need to prove something via confrontation… I have a better way to handle it: Meet me in the ring, where I will cure your malady without risking harm to others. If you refuse this challenge and instead decide to interfere with the good of the world during our future tasks, then I will ensure that you will be incapable of attempting such a thing again. You have been warned.

Finally, thank you also Joe for the kind remark. An while I know the comment about giving me “a ring” was tongue in cheek, I should clarify for everyone (since too many seem to think everything you say is completely serious... and anything on the internet is subject to extrapolation or… being taken literally):

To all potential petitioners …do NOT call (on) me if you just want “kick someone’s ass.”

And that is going to lead into an explanation related to a comment above:

@ 3Pete_State_RASlin_Champ: It appears that your fear is a greater cause and inspiration for your little meme than any pompousness on the part of my team. Allow me to extend the kindness of alleviating your fears. (This is really for all those who feel/believe something similar). Read about what you want to learn here: LINK

I am human; a person not so different from yourself. So why is that I might be referred to as a “god?” … What is a god? I first remember the stories of the ancient Greek/Roman and Norse gods. These were legends passed down as lessons on the very nature of humanity. That is the importance of myth – what we can learn from the story, whether it was literal truth or not. Either way, those gods were every bit as human as you and me. What made them different were their capabilities or power. i.e. the ability to affect change.

They were called gods because:

1. They were adored or worshiped for their power;
2. They were thought to have “divine” power (a mysterious source of power at best. Perhaps it was confused with power of the Creator of the universe, where these being were improperly and ignorantly attributed with aspects of creation).

My power is not to create, as I am not God. My power and purpose is to decide the fate of war and battle. Given unequaled combat prowess, I can share a part of that with those who earn my favor.

This is an important and related subject; it might seem “preachy” for a moment, but it is necessary for you to understand. There is no thing, no power or object that exists in this universe that does not come from the Creator. Nothing in existence has the power to truly, fundamentally, create or destroy. We have the power only to change. The magnitude and shape of the change is different. From a limited perspective, certain functions of power may look like destruction, but we know that matter or energy is simply changing form.

All things in the universe are created (rather than deliberating argument here, I will post the following as a starting reference if the reader disagrees or care to learn more: http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=12&article=310 it also contains references to many relevant scientific works)

I was created, as you were. Our paths, experiences, and capabilities differ, but we are all just as lucky/blessed/chosen to be here. I would not be here were it not for my parents, who would not be here if not for theirs, and on and on to the beginning of our shared ancestry … all of us, you and me, humanity. We share that – we owe our existence and everything we have today to those that came before us, who likewise owe those who came before, all the way back to creation.

I believe, because of that (and much more), we have a responsibility to use what we were given to make life as good and positive for others (and the future) as we can, and to make it a life worthy of our creation.

(And if there is any confusion about the humility that each of us absolutely should have, as referenced above, I suggest reading the following article; especially point #1 as it applies to more than just “the rich”: http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-things-rich-people-need-to-stop-saying/)

That is one fundamental reason that I will not listen if those who call out to me and simply want to hurt another person. Pain (as war) is a necessary part of life, but not one that should be pursued or inflicted for its own sake. Do NOT call (on) me if you just want to “kick someone’s ass.”

Your cause, as your life, should be just. I will do what I can to help those who act in this manner, granting favor to those who seek to protect, over those who wish to take from or hurt others.

Again, I’m human. I’m not better than you. I am just capable of affecting change on a different scale. It appears to be (always has been) a natural human response to either revere or revile persons such as myself. I don’t blame you. I humbly request that you do not blame or hate me either. I would rather be your friend and ally.

Call me a (little ‘g’) god if you wish, but do not confuse that with the Creator (or imply that I have a desire to be seen as such… that was the folly of the Morning Star). It is in my human that I appreciate adoration and admiration, even if some might confuse this with “worship”… either in perception or action. Regardless, it is necessary for me to live up to the standards of those who give such admiration. But you must understand me first, before you expect anything of me. In return, I will expect worthiness from you. Live just, and fight with righteous purpose and honor.

***

From the Official Blog of Joe Marshall
Entry Date: May 2, 2013 7:00 PM

COMMENTS:

MariozMaiCoPiLoT@SMurphyMail.com May 2, 2013 7:00PM

So, apparently... THIS GUY...




Was doing a bunch of THIS...




And lots of THIS...




Which made ME, do a WHOLE SHIT-LOAD of THIS...




Unfortunately, Sentinel's webpage only allows comments from "Authorized Personnel."
Which, as we all know is a bunch of...




So, to all of 'dem "Little G's," (especially the immortal FAGGOT,) I say...


---
MariozMaiCoPiLoT@SMurphyMail.com May 2, 2013 7:21 PM

To BOTH of you fags, Bitch AND Sundance...




----------

2 comments:

  1. @ MariozMaiCoPiLoT: I just wanted to take the time to compliment your insight. You demonstrate it so clearly by pasting cute memes when there are simply no words that can possibly be formed into an intelligible sentence to express your… what I can only assume are things that weakly resemble thoughts. Way to go little guy, following and perpetuating the shining example of bluster and jocularity that could exist only in our information age, birthed in a tank of self-loathing stench, marinating in front the pale and lonely glow of your computer monitor.
    But please, don't waste our time with continued adulation in reply... I am sure a raid boss or something as equally meaningful is waiting for you and your magnanimous virtual … life. Just take comfort in the fact that, while you are reaching a fevered pitch of excitement while stroking your… keys, safely in front of your sweet gaming rig, that I will continue to protect you…and any other human soul, despite any difference in philosophies or sordid displays of ignorance.
    No thanks necessary… not from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @The OP OP (that's OP original poster ((OP=overpowered)OP also=Original Poster)): I swear, you think a little omnipotence...or omnimalevolance would at LEAST tell you that you can't link directly to Cracked articles. I had to spend nearly FORTY seconds doing a search for that article on the amazingly badass Google (full disclsoure: I have some Google stock), to find that article.

    Are you just trying to make light of the little time we have as readers? I see what this is. You have ALL the time in the world to find these articles while the rest of us have to work 168 hours a week. What...you think you're BETTER than us?

    I have half a mind to call on the god of war and lay ALL five fingers across that pretty face. Yeah. What do you have to say to that? I ain't skeered. The lord is my shepherd and Kenny Rogers is his prophet.

    Also, you know your comment could have just been boiled down to saying "Nice net-balls". Just say the word bro--I'll totally kill Mario and his whole family.

    In case anyone didn't know (which will probably turn out to be like 600 million people and Darcy will be all over my ass again) everything above is a verbal irony. And hyperbolic. And somewhat fallacious--I actually do have all the time in the world to look this shit up, I'm kinda quasi-unemployed at the moment and immortal.

    That said, while The Teletubbies Unconquered Sun and I may disagree on some of the specifics, we at least agree that helping people is a good thing. Come on--I don't have all the time in the world to come up with a cooler way to say it (I do--sorry, I always lie).

    Last thing, your comment: " The government has no more right or reason to sanction him than his neighbor would if he threatened to, say, shoot the dog that keeps shitting in his yard… and digging holes in it." You forgot to add "ability" after "right or reason." Just sayin'. =P

    ReplyDelete